Friday, October 19, 2012

Wanderlust



Well I can’t help you understand
The thrills of a nomadic man
Nor walk you hand in hand
To the place where it all began
But if you would kindly give me a ride,
I could adequately begin to describe
The need for freedom over pride
The need for the road, forever at my side
A choice of will over want
And forgive me for being so blunt,
But I assure you this is not a stunt
And there is nothing missing I feel I must hunt
Nor is there anything from which I run,
For each day is anew with the rising sun
My motto for each, simply “have fun”
And believe me when I say, this journey has only just begun
For each man chooses his own life;
I chose freedom over a wife,
I chose peace over unneeded strife,
A life where discovery and mystery are always quite rife!
And I assure you sir, I hold the key to my life’s design
As sure as I am holding this “New Orleans” sign
And as far as my position, I am feeling quite fine,
For I have no need for calendars, schedule books, or even the current time
In fact I have no clue in what direction I will next head
Nor once night falls, where I will make my bed
I just keep adding miles to these boots’ tread,
Cuz I was born a ramblin’ man, like the Allman brothers said!

~Trip the Tramp

No comments:

Post a Comment